Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Please watch the Lincoln Project's "Recovery" and "Covita"

 Their latest ads focus on Mr. Trump's premature return to the White House after spending three days at Walter Reed Hospital.

The first segment called "Recovery" is a short sequel to the sad and haunting "Hospital" ad that preceded it.

It shows the President of Betrayals return to the White House.

The ad, without a narrator, graphically states that while the Mad King may be recovering from the virus, over 200,000 American Citizens, with the spot shifting to a dying person on a ventilator, will not recover "from Donald Trump."

The ad concludes with "America or Trump."

The second ad called "Covita" is a marked change in tone from the previous two ads.

Like the "Recovery" ad, it plays back the 2016 Popular Vote Loser's return to the White House.

However, it is different in that it amusingly parody's Evita's "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" with a singer reciting Covita.

Among the memorable twists are:

"Don't cry for me White House Staffers. The truth is I will infect you."

"I broke my promise. Won't keep my distance."

"As for wearing masks and acting sane, that is nothing I will ever do."

"So don't cry for me Secret Service. Though COVID might just well kill you."

"While on my joyride, I spread the virus."

The ad concludes with the KKK endorsed candidate going back into the White House coughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Editorial Cartoons for the Week